Too often, I concentrate on the things I want to change (any other INFJs here?) So here’s to 40 things I love just as they are.
- Chocolate hummus. No, it doesn’t have garlic in it.
- Yoga with Adriene, and the way I feel right after I finish a yoga video
- Playing this video on our projector screen, while my 4-year-old and I try to do all the moves:
4. When the sky is pink on all sides of me
5. When my husband lets me warm my feet on him
6. My electric blanket
7. Hot coffee
8. So many wildflowers that you don’t even need to worry how many you pick
9. Home alone, dancing and singing along to music I love…
10. A huge bowl of popcorn with flax oil, salt and nutritional yeast
11. Not even wanting to binge-watch Black Mirror, because there’s so much to think about between each episode
12. Reading my old journals and thinking I’d be friends with me
13. When a Medium piece I worked hard on gets curated into multiple topics.
14. When someone comments on my Medium article just to say something simple and encouraging.
15. When my friends share my writing.
16. When someone tells me I inspired them to do/try something (yoga, veganism, writing…)
17. When I cook for you, and you love it
18. Squirrels chasing each other just outside my living room window
19. Losing myself in a magical world (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Harry Potter)
20. My husband and I saying weird nonsense to each other, that only makes sense to us
21. When my husband bakes blackberry scones
22. The 2nd of the month, when our EBT gets refilled
23. Eating at an all-vegan restaurant
24. The Journey children’s book trilogy by Aaron Becker
25. When my kid reads a book, making up the words herself
26. When my kid puts on my shoes as a joke
27. When my kid is proud of herself
28. When my tired kid rests her tired head on my shoulder
29. When my kid sings to our dog
30. When my kid sleeps over at Nana’s and I get some time to myself
31. Adding more hot water to my bath, because there’s nowhere I need to be
32. When someone says, “I am so excited to see you!”
33. Managing to be on time, or even a little early
34. Sleepovers with other families, where we all wake up and have breakfast together
35. Vegan ice cream cones at the farmers’ market all summer long
35 is the New 15.
Getting older isn’t what I expected. I’m still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.
36. Blowing out birthday candles
37. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and The Good Place
38. Sharing a huge plate of Ethiopian food
39. Gushing alongside other parents while our kids are full-on adorable in dance class
40. Managing to communicate with someone in a language besides English
Hey friends. What do you love? Feel more than free to share a list or a link in my comments section!